Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acne on scalp, is my hair receding or maturing ?
02-26-2017, 03:26 PM
Acne on scalp, is my hair receding or maturing ?
Hi, since almost 2 years now (since 18) i've noticed to loose more hair in the shower (more than a 100) i went to see a dermatologist back then, she told everything was fine and that i had very dense hair hence why i lost more than a 100 a day.

A year after i went to see another dermatologist because i felt like my hair was getting thinner in some spots and that my scalp was at certain parts was red and itchy (with acne buttons) !
He told me it was not much, it was due to stress for him (im currently doing difficult studies with a lot of selective exams and im very exposed to stress).

He prescribed me a shampoo that i used but it didnt help much

I still have acne, less than before, however my hair is getting thinner and thinner around the temples and on the top (but pretty much everywhere on top not just the crown, even on the sides my hair is getting thinner).
It is sometimes itchy but not THAT frequently (i can feel it maybe 5-10 times a day).

The thing that worries me the most is that my hair in the front line is getting SHORTER, something that didnt happen before ...

My family has NO antecedent whatsoever with hair receding, on my moms side my grandpa has almost as much hair as a 30 YO guy and he is 83 (his hair is still black !!) and on my dad's side everyone has their hair, my granpa lost his around 55 which is a respectable timeline i think.
So 0 antecedent of early hairloss

heres the link i spaced out the h because im below 50 post and cant write links

h ttp://imgur.com/a/uYLCp

My big question is, Am i receding ? Or is my hair simply maturing ?

Should i go see another professional ? (dermatologist)

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Receding Hairline/corners or Maturing Hairline - 23 AbundantHair 5 4,030 10-11-2017 04:58 PM
Last Post: unsedrent
  Side part receding hairline flyingpig 0 254 09-17-2017 06:58 AM
Last Post: flyingpig
  Receding hairline? Johnsmith3b9f 2 932 07-25-2017 05:17 AM
Last Post: drdhananjay11
  Do I have a widow's peak or a receding hairline? thecolormauve 4 2,011 06-03-2017 06:14 PM
Last Post: Bobbysanchez