Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question about getting a Cutneck shave at the barbers
04-12-2015, 05:02 PM
A question about getting a Cutneck shave at the barbers
I'm 16 and have facial hair which grows every week to a little bit which i continue to shave off, however it's annoying, I read somewhere that if I get a shave from the barbers every week by 6 months I'll have baby like skin, is this true?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2015, 12:58 AM
RE: A question about getting a Cutneck shave at the barbers
(04-12-2015 05:02 PM)herehair Wrote:  I'm 16 and have facial hair which grows every week to a little bit which i continue to shave off, however it's annoying, I read somewhere that if I get a shave from the barbers every week by 6 months I'll have baby like skin, is this true?

Congratulations on having facial hair at SIXTEEN! I have always been told that any facial hair growth that you have before 20 years-old is a bonus. I'm turning 18 this year and all I have are whiskers on above my lips. Big Grin

About getting baby like skin after 6 months, I personally think it's untrue. A good and proper shave will usually give you smooth skin, but I don't think a shave from the barber will specially give you baby like skin. Besides, it is worth noting that no matter how long/much you shave, your facial hair will always grow back. Conversely, shaving regularly does not make your facial hair grow out faster/thicker/darker. Like hair on your head, you can go for buzz cuts every week, but by the sixth month, it will still be growing out.
04-13-2015, 09:22 AM
(04-13-2015 12:58 AM)asianboy Wrote:  
(04-12-2015 05:02 PM)herehair Wrote:  I'm 16 and have facial hair which grows every week to a little bit which i continue to shave off, however it's annoying, I read somewhere that if I get a shave from the barbers every week by 6 months I'll have baby like skin, is this true?

Congratulations on having facial hair at SIXTEEN! I have always been told that any facial hair growth that you have before 20 years-old is a bonus. I'm turning 18 this year and all I have are whiskers on above my lips. Big Grin

About getting baby like skin after 6 months, I personally think it's untrue. A good and proper shave will usually give you smooth skin, but I don't think a shave from the barber will specially give you baby like skin. Besides, it is worth noting that no matter how long/much you shave, your facial hair will always grow back. Conversely, shaving regularly does not make your facial hair grow out faster/thicker/darker. Like hair on your head, you can go for buzz cuts every week, but by the sixth month, it will still be growing out.

thanks man, but i'd prefer to have a baby face lol
04-13-2015, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2015 09:54 AM by US Asian.)
Dude what the heck? the only way that I can think that you would have a baby face, as in a hairless face, is if you rip the hair out with wax. You know, like women do with their leg hair, or maybe use some laser hair removal method. However that would be crazy, especially using wax to remove your facial hair. It was more like a joke so please don't attempt it!

As soon as your hair starts to grow there is no going back. As far as I know that is so maybe the barbers here in the forum have another opinion. But I would not think that shaving every week with a cutneck shave at the barbershop did anything more than empty your pockets. I don't know if you have read the mens hair book but it says that your hair keeps growing the same on and on and no matter what you do to it. Whether you get it cut every single day, every week or if you perm it. Your hair just grows on and on and then it goes to sleep after a couple of years.

We're talking of facial hair here but I would assume that facial hair development follows the same pattern as the hair on the scalp since they have the same structure in the follicle.

It's like those guys who say that cutting your hair or shaving your hair frequently makes your hair thicker. That myth is also busted in the book and I used to really think that shaving the hair frequently made the hair thicker. Then I read the chapter in the mens hair book about hair myths and it made sense. The hair is shorter so it doesn't bend under pressure which makes it look like it's harder and thicker. Well the book explained the myth in much more detail but it was something along those lines as far as I can remember as I don't have the book in front of me.

Right so I think that thing about shaving every week at a barbershop is bs Out of curiosity who told you that??
04-19-2015, 08:30 AM
(04-13-2015 09:53 AM)US Asian Wrote:  Dude what the heck? the only way that I can think that you would have a baby face, as in a hairless face, is if you rip the hair out with wax. You know, like women do with their leg hair, or maybe use some laser hair removal method. However that would be crazy, especially using wax to remove your facial hair. It was more like a joke so please don't attempt it!

As soon as your hair starts to grow there is no going back. As far as I know that is so maybe the barbers here in the forum have another opinion. But I would not think that shaving every week with a cutneck shave at the barbershop did anything more than empty your pockets. I don't know if you have read the mens hair book but it says that your hair keeps growing the same on and on and no matter what you do to it. Whether you get it cut every single day, every week or if you perm it. Your hair just grows on and on and then it goes to sleep after a couple of years.

We're talking of facial hair here but I would assume that facial hair development follows the same pattern as the hair on the scalp since they have the same structure in the follicle.

It's like those guys who say that cutting your hair or shaving your hair frequently makes your hair thicker. That myth is also busted in the book and I used to really think that shaving the hair frequently made the hair thicker. Then I read the chapter in the mens hair book about hair myths and it made sense. The hair is shorter so it doesn't bend under pressure which makes it look like it's harder and thicker. Well the book explained the myth in much more detail but it was something along those lines as far as I can remember as I don't have the book in front of me.

Right so I think that thing about shaving every week at a barbershop is bs Out of curiosity who told you that??
Thanks for this, I had my first cutneck shave at the barbers today, it was a nice experience, now my face is so smooth lol.

And thanks lol, who told me? I saw it on a youtube video
04-19-2015, 08:39 AM
You saw that in a Youtube video??
I don't browse Youtube for shaving vids but I have browsed Youtube a couple of times for mens hair styling videos just to see what's in there and the advice I have seen in just about all videos is terrible as in terribly awful. Makes sense to me that you would hear or see such bad advice on Youtube after I've heard all the rats they go about in hair styling videos and from what look like popular Youtube channels too.

Congrats with your first wet shaving session. It's great and something you don't just need to go to the barber for all the time. It would be in my interest as a barber to say otherwise but you can wet shave on your own and only need to go to the barbershop maybe once a week but just for the experience and enjoying a good shave. If you're into that then go thru the wet shaving guide as you will need a couple of products and know how to shave with a straight razor or safety razor.

Cheers!
11-18-2015, 11:32 AM
Once you have facial hair, you won't have baby like skin. However after a good shave your skin will feel a lot smoother. I always shave after I've had a shower and then I use moisturiser to finish.
12-16-2015, 09:47 AM
The more You shave the less soft your skin is. Make sure to treat it with good after shave skin care cream and You'll be fine.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Lightbulb Hair Head Shaving Tips for Men from Experienced Barbers Sunset 1 2,145 06-28-2015 09:05 AM
Last Post: Bradley
  Is shaving cream ok for how to shave the head? Vladimir 1 1,097 10-27-2014 10:32 AM
Last Post: Sunset
  How to get the perfect shave? serious shaving advice only Zorba 2 1,639 10-21-2014 08:41 AM
Last Post: mantic59
  How to shave for men guide - Wet shaving instructions Sunset 0 2,135 09-20-2014 01:28 AM
Last Post: Sunset