Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new start for my hair
04-23-2014, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 04:55 PM by herehair.)
Wink A new start for my hair
Okay so I guess I should just come out and say it, I'm looking for a new hairstyle, I'm a teen and pretty much everyone plays it safe with there hairstyles, they can get it all done up styled up. If I go for a hair I have to go this haircut

[Image: 2rmlf9t.png]

And this is what my hair looks like now

[Image: 29f3st5.jpg]

[Image: 2hdvgvb.jpg]

[Image: x3fj7n.jpg]

Sorry for going dectective x on you but it's the internet.

Anyways you guys can see that my hairline isn't exactly straight, not natural looking if you catch my drift and my hair also sways a lot to the right

So what kinda of hairstyle do you reccomend, guaranteed I may not get them all done, but I'd be gracious, I don't want nothing to over the top to, simple a bit simple to that's easy to mantain and doesn't stand out that much
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2014, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 02:32 AM by shane88.)
RE: A new start for my hair
Hmmmm

Why not try the Fernando Torres hairstyle, very similar to what you have it now for a while when growing your hair

Basic Buzz Cut
[Image: fernando-torres-chelsea-fc-v-ac-sparta-p...izfhux.jpg]

Buzz Cut with a bit of a Fauxhawk
[Image: fernando-torres-chelsea-everton_29470350000.jpg]

I think you would suit a taper haircut, short back and sides with a bit of style on top such as a side parting or a fauxhawk, I noticed your a big Cristiano Ronaldo fan with the image of him on your profile, why not try and copy a hairstyle like him

Your still young so you have plenty of time of trying hairstyles out, trust me on that lol, infact actually try the hairstyle of Ronaldo has on your image, only thing is this hairstyle is for someone who is confident bout themselves, a lot of people will notice a style like this and be all over you about it, my hairstyle at the moment is actually inspired by Real Madrid Fabio Coentrao a team mate of Ronaldo (and I have my hair coloured as well lol), the amount of people who have comment on my hair is unbelievable, I had some really positive compliments and I had some negative compliments (ie Are you homosexual?) just have to take it with a pinch of salt and 9/10 they only just jealous they can't pull it of themselves

If you need anymore advice either message me on here or PM me
Good Luck
04-24-2014, 01:35 PM
You have lots of hair dude and according to the experts here thats a good thing imo it is a good thing Smile can see lots of potential for something longer like a brush up hairstyle. The guys wrote a guide in the forum, worth checking it out as that kind of hairstyle is really good for thick hair.
04-24-2014, 02:25 PM
Haha thanks guys,

Yeah I'm not willing to dye my hair just yet, the amount of stick I'd get would be, but thanks for the suggestion Shane, and yeah thanks James, I will do, I gotta cut my hair it's gone to long
04-26-2014, 10:27 AM
Your hairline looks very natural actually. There is no hint of hairline receding or a mature hairline, but then, you are still a teen and men usually get a mature hairline by age 25 or so.

I didn't understand you correctly, so please clear this out for me. Are you saying that you can only have a very short buzz cut like in the first picture you posted? Or are you saying that you can now grow your hair long and style your hair however you want?

You have a lot of hair too, so you can do some pretty epic hairstyles if you grow your hair long. I was just actually commenting on Aesthetix29's hair journey (pictures at bottom of the linked thread) where he also had a lot of hair and he got great results from a high top with clipped sides and back. Something along those lines would suit you very well and would give you a more modern look as the current hairstyle you have is too generic/boring (not that you didn't know that already Smile).

if you can grow your hair longer, I would seriously consider growing the top to 4 inches and keep the sides clipped short in a fade. You also have vertical temples, which is good news as that means you can get an Undercut. I would say you have the right base for some really cool hairstyles if you want to commit to growing your hair longer, getting a good barber/hairdresser and posting here to ask for feedback etc Myself and many forum members are always happy to give feedback to fellow forum members who want to get the most of their hair Smile

Let us/me know on what you can do as growing your hair longer would be a great option for you to go ahead with.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-27-2014, 03:35 AM
(04-26-2014 10:27 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Your hairline looks very natural actually. There is no hint of hairline receding or a mature hairline, but then, you are still a teen and men usually get a mature hairline by age 25 or so.

I didn't understand you correctly, so please clear this out for me. Are you saying that you can only have a very short buzz cut like in the first picture you posted? Or are you saying that you can now grow your hair long and style your hair however you want?

You have a lot of hair too, so you can do some pretty epic hairstyles if you grow your hair long. I was just actually commenting on Aesthetix29's hair journey (pictures at bottom of the linked thread) where he also had a lot of hair and he got great results from a high top with clipped sides and back. Something along those lines would suit you very well and would give you a more modern look as the current hairstyle you have is too generic/boring (not that you didn't know that already Smile).

if you can grow your hair longer, I would seriously consider growing the top to 4 inches and keep the sides clipped short in a fade. You also have vertical temples, which is good news as that means you can get an Undercut. I would say you have the right base for some really cool hairstyles if you want to commit to growing your hair longer, getting a good barber/hairdresser and posting here to ask for feedback etc Myself and many forum members are always happy to give feedback to fellow forum members who want to get the most of their hair Smile

Let us/me know on what you can do as growing your hair longer would be a great option for you to go ahead with.
Thanks for this, TMHF, thing is I like to keep my hair a bit short on the top I guess, I will update when I get real haircuts though, not like buzzcuts lol, but thanks man
05-03-2014, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 06:21 PM by herehair.)
I'll be getting my haircut this friday, but I'm not that confident with doing it to over the top, not even going to get the undercut style either, so what hairstyle should i get..? guess it'll be number 2 and scissors on top
07-11-2014, 11:38 PM
(04-26-2014 10:27 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Your hairline looks very natural actually. There is no hint of hairline receding or a mature hairline, but then, you are still a teen and men usually get a mature hairline by age 25 or so.

once again thanks this.

Here's current pictures of my hair

sorry for bad quality of camera

[Image: 010f028c163d2d8da3d22e5dd30a5017.png]
[Image: db6aa60a6546c547ed4bc40237cd5d10.png]
[Image: 5761a9046fe997c3d131a5b0d7aad402.png]

i dont normally sport my hairstyle like this, i just spiked it up so if you could see whether it is 4 inches now and what I can do with it now, should i still get the same haircut you suggest? If you dont mind showing me some pics to show the barber ?
10-22-2014, 07:03 AM
(05-03-2014 06:19 PM)herehair Wrote:  I'll be getting my haircut this friday, but I'm not that confident with doing it to over the top, not even going to get the undercut style either, so what hairstyle should i get..? guess it'll be number 2 and scissors on top
Hi.... First of all, good to meet you. For the last 2 years or so -up until recently, I just had a fairly standard #5ish at the back and sides, and a couple of inches on top.
Then, in early September, I decided to go a bit shorter on top, #3 back and sides.
I got my haircut again yesterday evening. - I was going to have the same, but while speaking to my barber, and telling her that my hair gets greasy and lifeless very quickly, but was worried about going shorter because it's very fine. She suggested a #2.5 back and sides. I didn't even know they could do .5s (I thought it was just 5,4, 3, 2 etc), so, I've learn't something new there. I liked the #3 a lot, but am really pleased with this (people tell me that I look much younger with shorter hair).
Idea I get the difference between a 2 and a 2.5 is noticeable - moreso (in my case anyway), than between a 3 and a 2.5. On Friday, try as you suggested - but ask for a 2.5 and scissors on top - See what you think of it. Do let us know what you have in the end and how you got on.
10-25-2014, 12:28 PM
(10-22-2014 07:03 AM)Thebarbered1 Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 06:19 PM)herehair Wrote:  I'll be getting my haircut this friday, but I'm not that confident with doing it to over the top, not even going to get the undercut style either, so what hairstyle should i get..? guess it'll be number 2 and scissors on top
Hi.... First of all, good to meet you. For the last 2 years or so -up until recently, I just had a fairly standard #5ish at the back and sides, and a couple of inches on top.
Then, in early September, I decided to go a bit shorter on top, #3 back and sides.
I got my haircut again yesterday evening. - I was going to have the same, but while speaking to my barber, and telling her that my hair gets greasy and lifeless very quickly, but was worried about going shorter because it's very fine. She suggested a #2.5 back and sides. I didn't even know they could do .5s (I thought it was just 5,4, 3, 2 etc), so, I've learn't something new there. I liked the #3 a lot, but am really pleased with this (people tell me that I look much younger with shorter hair).
Idea I get the difference between a 2 and a 2.5 is noticeable - moreso (in my case anyway), than between a 3 and a 2.5. On Friday, try as you suggested - but ask for a 2.5 and scissors on top - See what you think of it. Do let us know what you have in the end and how you got on.
Hi... What did you go for in the end? What did you have? What do you think of it?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------