Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A good nose hair clipper to buy? any opinions?
01-06-2014, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 10:21 AM by Alex.)
A good nose hair clipper to buy? any opinions?
Hi guys my dad has those nasty hairs sticking out of his nose and i am thinking of giving him for his birthday a nose hair clipper. it really is the first time i am going to buy something of this nature even tho i have bought a hair clipper and trimmer from the advice you guys give in the forum. Considering am very happy with your advice would it be possible to pls help me out on selecting and buying a nose hair clipper?? i know i have been asking a few questions lately but my dad nose hairs are getting so long i consider this a critical situation by now lol Big GrinBig Grin
Any advice or recommendations for a tool to clip or trim or shave or whatever nose hair? THANKS !!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2014, 01:56 PM
RE: A good nose hair clipper to buy? any opinions?
Yeah I know what you mean with those "little" long hairs sticking out of the nose. I am not very proud to have lots of hair & that includes my nose LOL
Nose hair clippers aka nose hair trimmers work pretty well to remove the hairs without any pain or inconvenience, you just plug them into each nostril and allow the inserted head of the trimmer to trim the hairs.
IMO there are two main nose hair clippers that work very well and which I will list below and give you the link to a great Amazon distributor who has real competitive prices!
The good thing about nose clippers/trimmers is that they are cheap when bought as individual produce compared to other kinds of trimmers like beard trimmers or hair clippers, but if you are going to be buying a nose trimmer, then you may want to also have a look at beard trimmers & hair clippers too for a full facial hair grooming experience Smile

OK this is what I recommend (click the links to see each product in Amazon and read more about it or by it):

This nose hair trimmer: it's the high end of the Panasonic line of nose hair trimmers & it works with dry or wet nasal hair. It also has a vacuum so it automatically sucks in the trimmed bits of hair. It also works to trim ear hair!

This nose hair trimmer: this one is the Philips Norelco line for nose and ear hair. The Philips Norelco range of hair trimmers and electric razors is pretty good and this product is specialized for nose hair and ear hair. It is less bulky than the Panasonic trimmer above & this Norelco nose trimmer can also trim eyebrow hair. One thing tt doesn't have is a vacuum system, which is the major difference from the Panasonic nose hair trimmer.

Both nose trimmers are priced similar so read more from each nasal trimming product in their links but I can tell you now from personal experience that any of the 2 trimmers posted above will be great gifts for a man with annoying long nose hairs Big Grin
04-07-2014, 12:15 AM
nose hair trimmer is good, but you should think about his age. Would he want to use it and what will be better for him?..
04-13-2015, 10:57 PM
I have a small pair of scissors. I just get real close to the mirror and trim away Smile
04-14-2015, 06:53 AM
I'm a fan of nose hair trimmers. I think that the recommended hair trimmers by Jurgen are great choices for a nose trimmer. There are two things that I look for in this type of trimmer:
  • It's convenient to insert and wash. Seriously I just want to insert the tube and be done with it in no time. I don't want to be having to move around the rube like I'm trying to pick my nose.
  • It slices the hair perfectly and does not pull the hair instead. You will be surprised to find that a lot of nose hair trimmers pull the hair when slicing it which is both annoying and painful (more annoying than painful so it isn't an experience that you look forward to). Since the hair is being pulled as it is sliced, the result is that you just keep the nose hair half trimmed and it will soon be popping back out of your nose.
So either of the two nose trimmers recommended by Jurgen will work great as they are both convenient and effective without the annoyance and pain of pulling nose hairs. They're cheap too and I have a couple at home and have always had a couple of them for years since I just order the trimmers when I want to buy a new beard trimmer or electric shaver.

Quote:I have a small pair of scissors. I just get real close to the mirror and trim away.

Dude I have tried that but when your nose is stuffed with thick hair strands that rival your beard strands you will be spending a good amount of time trying to get the hair trimmed deep inside.

If I try to simply trim the hair so that it just doesn't show out of the nostrils, I will have to trim the hair again in a couple of days. If I happen to forget about trimming the nose hair strands, then they will be back popping out of my nostrils and people noticing them. It's far more effective for hairy guys like me to just buy a good nose hair trimmer. You solve the issue effectively without having to spend an eternity trying to get the hairs trimmed at any depth inside the nostrils and also risking puncturing your nostrils.

The inconvenience of being a hairy dude is that you will be investing a good amount of money throughout your lifetime in hair trimming tools! Big Grin
12-16-2015, 09:20 AM
(04-13-2015 10:57 PM)itsme39 Wrote:  I have a small pair of scissors. I just get real close to the mirror and trim away Smile

Same here doing it against the mirror. Using tweezers though )
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink Shaving with peanut butter just as good as shaving gel! ElenaTheBarber 4 1,918 11-02-2015 10:16 AM
Last Post: al_ashfaaq
  Tips to buy electric nose hair trimmer Stevens 4 2,057 01-14-2015 11:13 PM
Last Post: shahrukhch1