Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 questions long hair.
02-09-2014, 12:56 PM
3 questions long hair.
Haven't posted here in a long time.

I have long hair at the moment, but my temple area is a little thicker, which can get annoying at times. Should I try and trim it myself? or is it too risky?. What should I say to my barber. Just trim the temple and sideburns? 2nd question, should I also give my hair in general a trim?, people say it's better to trim from time to time if you have long hair. And lastly, what should I use in my hair to make it look dry with very little shine, and I want itt to be flexible rather than making my hair hard.

I wanted to post a link, but it says I need 50 posts? is this a new rule? I spaced the dot and com, so you can check out the picture
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 02:12 PM
RE: 3 questions long hair.
You can post the images now.

We planning to create this week a forum section where you have your own thread to keep track of your hair/hairstyle/haircuts and get feedback, so this thread or a consolidated thread for you would be most suited to that section. But, in the meantime, post here (I have allowed image posting for you Smile )

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-09-2014, 04:16 PM
(02-09-2014 02:12 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  You can post the images now.

We planning to create this week a forum section where you have your own thread to keep track of your hair/hairstyle/haircuts and get feedback, so this thread or a consolidated thread for you would be most suited to that section. But, in the meantime, post here (I have allowed image posting for you Smile )

Awesome, thanks! That's actually a pretty awesome idea. Hope it all works out. Here is the picture, I put a circle there to make it clear.

[Image: 28a2355.jpg]
02-09-2014, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 04:35 PM by SAMCRO.)
I have another question actually. How long should the back of my hair be to maintain this long hairstyle, at the moment it's around 2-3 inches. I like it when the top of my hair is long enough to cover the back of my head, rather than having the back of my hair longer. Hope you understand what I mean.

a picture of the back:

[Image: pzF5j.jpg]
02-09-2014, 05:15 PM
(02-09-2014 04:16 PM)EmreYOrhan Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 02:12 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  You can post the images now.

Awesome, thanks! That's actually a pretty awesome idea. Hope it all works out. Here is the picture, I put a circle there to make it clear.

[Image: 28a2355.jpg]

I remember your haircut a couple of months ago with the 2 step undercut like Jake Gyllenhaal in Prisoners. Assuming you have been growing your hair from that style, what do you want your final hairstyle goal to be? Do you want to keep the Undercut with hair easy to slick back or do you want to have longer hair like hair that reaches the shoulders?

You have dense hair (i.e. a lot of hair per square inch) so when it is short it gives the illusion of being very thick as it stands up, which is exactly what is happening to you right now in the temples. You have 2 solutions:

1) Get a new Undercut so that the sides and back of your head are buzzed to last time, including the temple area.

2) Put up with it and give it about 2 months until the hair in the temples is long enough to hang down instead of puff out/stick up. This option goes hand in hand with growing your hair longer, if that's what you want.

(02-09-2014 04:33 PM)EmreYOrhan Wrote:  I have another question actually. How long should the back of my hair be to maintain this long hairstyle, at the moment it's around 2-3 inches. I like it when the top of my hair is long enough to cover the back of my head, rather than having the back of my hair longer. Hope you understand what I mean.

a picture of the back:

[Image: pzF5j.jpg]

You have the kind of hair that does very well with long hair. I was actually going to post a couple of David Beckham's hairstyles in another thread and one of these hairstyles could suit you very well if you want to grow your long hair. It's this one, basically a curtains hairstyle with a modern mullet (metro mullet style):

[Image: lOCrrRz.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-10-2014, 08:54 AM
I want my hair to be exactly like the guy (Milo Ventimiglia) in the pictures I posted. It's pretty much like that at the moment, the top is a little shorter though. I think you're right about growing the sides out. I'll stick with the longer hair for a while. Thanks for the input. Any idea about the products I could use?
02-10-2014, 03:40 PM
(02-10-2014 08:54 AM)EmreYOrhan Wrote:  I want my hair to be exactly like the guy (Milo Ventimiglia) in the pictures I posted. It's pretty much like that at the moment, the top is a little shorter though. I think you're right about growing the sides out. I'll stick with the longer hair for a while. Thanks for the input. Any idea about the products I could use?

Yes, grow the sides out until they have enough length to fall flat. Likewise, the use of a hairstyling cream helps to weight down the hair (one really cool trick from The Men's Hair Book BTW) and at medium lengths straight o wavy hair can be "tamed" and made to hang down with less volume with such types of hairstyling products.

I recommend you to get a good hairstyling cream such as this high quality one with Argan oil. It's a bit expensive but it's 17 ounces (half liter) and it will last you a very long time. If looking more a more economical solution, then get this other hairstyling cream which is pretty good for adding definition and gloss to your hair while weighting it down for a good dangle of the hair. I recall you were in Europe so I don't know if those 2 hairstyling creams are available where you are, you should be able though to get these 2 hairstyling creams from those linked vendors or similar and many times buying from Amazon.com is cheaper (including shipping fees!) than buying locally as Amazon has very competitive prices Smile

Or just go through our recommended hair products thread and make a bulk purchase. I tell you getting a pack of hair products delivered to your door feels like when you were a kid and it was Christmas day Big Grin

Keep us posted on your hair growing to a long length and to our new section too!

02-11-2014, 04:57 AM
(02-10-2014 03:40 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 08:54 AM)EmreYOrhan Wrote:  I want my hair to be exactly like the guy (Milo Ventimiglia) in the pictures I posted. It's pretty much like that at the moment, the top is a little shorter though. I think you're right about growing the sides out. I'll stick with the longer hair for a while. Thanks for the input. Any idea about the products I could use?

Yes, grow the sides out until they have enough length to fall flat. Likewise, the use of a hairstyling cream helps to weight down the hair (one really cool trick from The Men's Hair Book BTW) and at medium lengths straight o wavy hair can be "tamed" and made to hang down with less volume with such types of hairstyling products.

I recommend you to get a good hairstyling cream such as this high quality one with Argan oil. It's a bit expensive but it's 17 ounces (half liter) and it will last you a very long time. If looking more a more economical solution, then get this other hairstyling cream which is pretty good for adding definition and gloss to your hair while weighting it down for a good dangle of the hair. I recall you were in Europe so I don't know if those 2 hairstyling creams are available where you are, you should be able though to get these 2 hairstyling creams from those linked vendors or similar and many times buying from Amazon.com is cheaper (including shipping fees!) than buying locally as Amazon has very competitive prices Smile

Or just go through our recommended hair products thread and make a bulk purchase. I tell you getting a pack of hair products delivered to your door feels like when you were a kid and it was Christmas day Big Grin

Keep us posted on your hair growing to a long length and to our new section too!

Thanks for the product links Smile. Here is another picture of the same guy. The temples look pretty nice, that's how I want them. And I will try to keep you guys posted Smile

[Image: 2i7qnav.jpg]
02-11-2014, 06:33 AM
I actually thought that was you Big Grin

Is he a famous guy in your country? That last hairstyle is what we call "the ponybun", it's the short version of the ponybun of Jared Leto a couple of weeks ago.

02-11-2014, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 04:12 PM by SAMCRO.)
(02-11-2014 06:33 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  I actually thought that was you Big Grin

Is he a famous guy in your country? That last hairstyle is what we call "the ponybun", it's the short version of the ponybun of Jared Leto a couple of weeks ago.

haha why did you think that? awesome that you think that though, I am a huge fan of the guy, I kinda like to think I look like him Tongue. He is an American actor actually, his name is Milo Ventimiglia. He played in the famous series ''Heroes'', and has played in several movies and TV Shows. Here is a picture of me, I have an open instagram profile so I don't have a problem with it anymore. (this picture is 2 months old, my hair is longer at the moment, and I straighten my hair when I want to style it, otherwise it's REALLY curly)

[Image: 24mrd3r.jpg]
02-11-2014, 04:15 PM
(02-11-2014 04:03 PM)EmreYOrhan Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 06:33 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  I actually thought that was you Big Grin

haha why did you think that? I am honered that you actually think that, I am a huge fan of the guy, I also think that I look like him a little. He is an American actor actually, his name is Milo Ventimiglia. He played in the famous series ''Heroes'', and has played in several movies and TV Shows. Here is a picture of me, I have an open instagram profile so I don't have a problem with it anymore. (this picture is 2 months old, my hair is longer at the moment, and I straighten my hair otherwise it's REALLY curly)

Nice one! You actually have very similar hair type and thickness and I remembered your hair from the Undercut hairstyle thread, that's why I thought that was you Smile Even the face, there is some resemblance too!

I know the guy now, yes, from Heroes. I'm not the one in the forum staff who is the most knowledgeable on celebrities, usually we have J covering male celebrities.

Like I said earlier in this thread of yours, we want to open very soon (i.e. this week) the "hair journey" section for which its goal is to offer each forum member a blog/thread/section where they track/record/update their journey and get feedback from the rest of the forum. We have just opened a new section on "rating" styles (hair and now beards/mustaches), so the next section is on members' blogs/journeys. If you want, I can transfer this thread to that new section when we open it, so you can continue posting pics as your hair grows and you try different hairstyles, especially since you now have an Instagram account, all you have to do is embed the image and post it each time you want to update us on your journey. Or you can start a new thread to document your journey when the new section is open.

We have had a lot of great feedback from forum members following the advice on the forum and getting great results (like you did in the Undercut thread), so this new forum section is our next step in providing even more value to all of you forum members and will be very useful for guys like you who want to grow their hair longer and are always looking for an extra hairstyle to try!

P.S: I think a new hairstyle for you to try would also be a side swept with pomade as you have the perfect hair type and shape for that. If you haven't already, have a look at our Gatsby hairstyle thread for some styling ideas.

02-12-2014, 04:29 AM
(02-11-2014 04:15 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 04:03 PM)EmreYOrhan Wrote:  

haha why did you think that? I am honered that you actually think that, I am a huge fan of the guy, I also think that I look like him a little. He is an American actor actually, his name is Milo Ventimiglia. He played in the famous series ''Heroes'', and has played in several movies and TV Shows. Here is a picture of me, I have an open instagram profile so I don't have a problem with it anymore. (this picture is 2 months old, my hair is longer at the moment, and I straighten my hair otherwise it's REALLY curly)

Nice one! You actually have very similar hair type and thickness and I remembered your hair from the Undercut hairstyle thread, that's why I thought that was you Smile Even the face, there is some resemblance too!

I know the guy now, yes, from Heroes. I'm not the one in the forum staff who is the most knowledgeable on celebrities, usually we have J covering male celebrities.

Like I said earlier in this thread of yours, we want to open very soon (i.e. this week) the "hair journey" section for which its goal is to offer each forum member a blog/thread/section where they track/record/update their journey and get feedback from the rest of the forum. We have just opened a new section on "rating" styles (hair and now beards/mustaches), so the next section is on members' blogs/journeys. If you want, I can transfer this thread to that new section when we open it, so you can continue posting pics as your hair grows and you try different hairstyles, especially since you now have an Instagram account, all you have to do is embed the image and post it each time you want to update us on your journey. Or you can start a new thread to document your journey when the new section is open.

We have had a lot of great feedback from forum members following the advice on the forum and getting great results (like you did in the Undercut thread), so this new forum section is our next step in providing even more value to all of you forum members and will be very useful for guys like you who want to grow their hair longer and are always looking for an extra hairstyle to try!

P.S: I think a new hairstyle for you to try would also be a side swept with pomade as you have the perfect hair type and shape for that. If you haven't already, have a look at our Gatsby hairstyle thread for some styling ideas.

You can transfer it if you like, fine by me Smile. Yes a side swept is something I could try in the future. Thanks!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Knotted ,lifeless and quite long hair [Help] theboggart 0 120 11-06-2016 11:52 AM
Last Post: theboggart
  How to get long hair like Johnny Depp hairstyle Sonchek 3 440 10-26-2016 11:53 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
Wink How to grow long hair like Avan Jogia from short medium haircut zuburaika 6 7,358 09-11-2016 04:33 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  New hairstyle, long hair to ...? philippe_lopes 0 322 09-08-2016 02:33 PM
Last Post: philippe_lopes