Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 hair waxes I've found that are epic
05-23-2015, 04:40 PM
2 hair waxes I've found that are epic
Hair style: Quiff w/ thick straight hair

I use either a blow dryer or straightener to get desired style first, or else nothing on this Earth could shape my hair.

Products I like to use have medium to high hold and have a natural shine to them and more, so no matte products. I have a couple $100 in different waxes/clays/pomades/etc. sitting on a shelf from buying new products over time.

Up until now, Gatsby was far and away the winner. Gave you that great texture, hold, and most of the shine I was looking for. I prefered the purple and orange cans. A good combo(I know some hate using more than 1 product) I use is a dab of the orange can Gatsby to get my texture and shape and a dab of Lock Stock and Barrel wax afterwards when I want it shinier and chunkier, or a tiny dab of SCHWARZKOPF got2b ultra glued invincible gel to get that wet look(more on this favorite gel later).

Here are the most recent 2 waxes I've bought and have been blown away with:

Schwarzkopf Osis Flexwax Ultra Strong Cream Wax

After tossing a dab of it in my hair I knew this was the one to use. Perfect texture, perfect separation, hair feels like no product is in it YET it has styling hold. Sweep it one side and it stays, flop it over and it stays, poof it up... it stays all day with a super light feeling. Has a good natural shine to it and if I want a wet look, I'll feather in a dab of that SCHWARZKOPF got2b ultra glued invincible gel or Lock Stock and Barrel wax. It's cheap and smells good with light fragrance. I can't say enough good things about these products.

A close runner up if not equal depending on what style you are going for:

Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Whipped Wax Texture Souffle

I feel this is almost the same as the Flexwax but it has a little less hold but you can still style with it no problem and it will hold but with an even lighter feeling in your hair. Still separates, texturizes, styles, and adds that natural shine but with a tiny bit less hold. Biggest thing for me with these 2 products is the hold you get that is still super flexible and light. I switch back and forth between these 2.

Also, just to throw a gel I love to use out there:

SCHWARZKOPF got2b ultra glued invincible gel

Don't believe them when they say it's super strong like glue, I've used gels in my young buck days that could stab through your hand, this one is not even close. What it does is that it actually leaves your hair flexible but with the look of gel, wet/shine. A little goes a long way, and when I say little, I mean a dime size or less. It's easy to go overboard with this.

Would like to get some MOD/user opinions of the above products too, thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2015, 08:24 AM
RE: 2 hair waxes I've found that are epic
That is a really cool review that you did those hair waxes!

I haven't tried those unfortunately but I'm trying different ones. I agree with the Gatsby hair wax comment. They seem to have manufactured a good range of waxes for those of us who are undecided and need to change hairstyles every two hours on the go LOL

I remembered reading about the Osis wax from Schwarzkopf somewhere in the forum. So I looked it up and it was actually from another thread you created. The forum's admin recommended it and so did one of the barbers but they recommended one type of Osis wax called 'Wax it Shine'. This is the thread where you requested advice for a high shine and high hold hair wax:
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...tyling-wax

Did you get around to trying that hair wax as it looks like it's one of the few hair waxes with a high shine and a high hold. Or what made you change your mind and instead try the Osis Plus Whipped Wax and Osis Flexwax Ultra Strong Cream Wax? I like your comments about the Osis Flexwax Ultra Strong Cream Wax so I may get around to trying it at some point.

Schwarzkopf looks like a good brand, is it a hair salon brand? they look like they have lots of brands under their parent company. The only issue I have with hair salon brands is that they're more expensive but they're usually just the same product as you find available anywhere on Amazon or Walmart. Kind of how L'Oreal also acts as a parent company for lots of hair care brands including hair salon brands.
05-28-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: 2 hair waxes I've found that are epic
(05-27-2015 08:24 AM)Cool Hair Guy Wrote:  That is a really cool review that you did those hair waxes!

I haven't tried those unfortunately but I'm trying different ones. I agree with the Gatsby hair wax comment. They seem to have manufactured a good range of waxes for those of us who are undecided and need to change hairstyles every two hours on the go LOL

I remembered reading about the Osis wax from Schwarzkopf somewhere in the forum. So I looked it up and it was actually from another thread you created. The forum's admin recommended it and so did one of the barbers but they recommended one type of Osis wax called 'Wax it Shine'. This is the thread where you requested advice for a high shine and high hold hair wax:

Did you get around to trying that hair wax as it looks like it's one of the few hair waxes with a high shine and a high hold. Or what made you change your mind and instead try the Osis Plus Whipped Wax and Osis Flexwax Ultra Strong Cream Wax? I like your comments about the Osis Flexwax Ultra Strong Cream Wax so I may get around to trying it at some point.

Schwarzkopf looks like a good brand, is it a hair salon brand? they look like they have lots of brands under their parent company. The only issue I have with hair salon brands is that they're more expensive but they're usually just the same product as you find available anywhere on Amazon or Walmart. Kind of how L'Oreal also acts as a parent company for lots of hair care brands including hair salon brands.

Thanks for the reply!

Yea, Osis Shine wax is next to try on the list. I have tried some other shine waxes but they just weighed my hair down like a pomade so I didn't have much hope for that one, but it's next on the list. The good thing I like about those 2 waxes and Gatsby is they are cheap. The best hair products I have used have all been decently priced, nothing over $15. I have no idea what kind of brand Schwarzkopf is, I just noticed that in my circle of standard hair products I used, that brand happens to stay in it lol.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 2,104 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush