Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
19 y/o losing hair quickly, genes or stress?
11-15-2016, 11:50 PM
19 y/o losing hair quickly, genes or stress?
Basically as the title says, i'm a 19 y/o that has started rapidly losing hair in the past year or so. No one in my family suffers from hair problems, not any of my cousins, siblings, parents, grandparents or even my grandparents parents had bad hair, yet here i am at 19 pulling out several strands of hair every time i touch my head.

h tt p://i.imgur .com/5qU Dc9J. jpg (remove spaces. Sorry, stupid forum wouldn't let me post it)

That's what my head looks like as of 15 minutes ago, is this salvageable? Or is it just going to get worse and worse? I'm 6'3, so no one can notice it yet (fringe and back is still pretty thick, but they're also getting thinner), but if i keep losing hair at the rate i currently am, it won't be long till i look like i have hair problems even when standing.

Could severe stress mixed with poor nutrition and lack of exercise cause this? These issues seemed to pop up when i started university and stopped working out, but i'll soon be done with university and plan on getting back into regular exercise routines. I just don't know if that will help, or if i simply got really unlucky with my hair genes (that seemingly no one in my entire family tree seems to struggle with, male or female) and should just accept that i should shave it all off.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Non-male pattern balding? Losing hair but unsure about reason AntonD 4 389 10-18-2016 06:28 PM
Last Post: AntonD
  Am I losing it for good? Hotpicket94 4 1,142 01-14-2016 11:37 AM
Last Post: Doworkgetbig
  19 yo with widows peak and ponytail style, am I losing hair? Jormaxx 0 703 09-26-2015 05:15 AM
Last Post: Jormaxx
  Unsure as to whether losing hair or not...18 yrs old MadMax 0 635 06-18-2015 03:36 AM
Last Post: MadMax